Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 2 - so far...

So far, so good...I let the kids have rice chex with almond milk this morning. I stuck with the plain almond milk because i see the vanilla has added sugar. Even if it says "cane juice" which is better than corn syrup, I am supposed to cut sugar out completely due to the candida/yeast concerns. I can let them add a packet of truvia in place of the sugar...but not splenda or sucralose which are not good chemicals for children - or anyone, really.

Packing my 7 yr old's lunch lunch was interesting...I stuck two hardboiled eggs in a thermos and gave him some rice crackers with soy cheese and a banana. I put grapes in a tupperware for his snack. I seriously hope he doesn't starve by 3 o clock. or get made fun of by the other kids! I have snack reinforcements ready for after school and plan on making his fave dish for dinner - spaghetti! (with rice pasta of course). The Emerils sauce I found on sale for $3.27 a jar and it contains all natural ingredients and NO added sugar. The only thing I worry about is I have heard from some friends that citric acid foods can cause the hyperactivity as well. I am going to try it tonight and see how he reacts.

Another interesting thing I am researching today are probiotics and supplements that help clear out the candida that may already be built up. Also B vitamins - need to ask pediatrician about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment